- Selection and placement of plant materials for energy and water conservation.
- Landscape design and management
- Mulching and composting practices that reduce, reuse and recycle yard trash.
- Use of plants to attract desirable wildlife.
- Commercial nursery production and marketing.
- Master Gardener Program to assist with plant identification, care, etc.
- Education for small farm owners.
- Safe and efficient use of pesticides and fertilizers.
Permanent link to this article: http://bay.ifas.ufl.edu/lng/lawn-garden/environmental-horticulture/