…is an Extension-based collaborative educational program targeted to persons with type 2 diabetes.
You will get information and motivation to help you adopt positive lifestyle changes.
The program has been successful in helping participants improve blood glucose control, which reduces long-term health risks.
TCYD Can Help You:
- Improve your hemoglobin A1C
- Lower your blood pressure
- Create a healthy meal plan that works for you
- Learn how to check your feet
- Take charge of your diabetes
- What is Diabetes?
- Keeping Track of Blood Glucose
- Diabetes Medications
- Nutritional Management of Diabetes
- Carbohydrate Counting
- Exercise and Physical Activity
- Standards of Medical Care
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Foot Care and Setting Goals
- Class Reunion
- Grand Finale!
Classes will begin soon! They will be held weekly for eight weeks. There will be a health screening before the first class, after the last class, and three months following the last class.
Health screenings will include
- Height (first screening only)
- Blood Pressure